Sunday, May 15, 2011

Awesomeness for Cheap































I am not a border person. They are usually kinda cutsy. Our Bathroom had a super cutsy country border with apples, rosehips, rustic stars, which is way cool if you like that kinda thing. Well I took it off and then took a pic. Yes the red part really looked like that.




I found some textured wallpaper, cut it to border size, then painted it with a "hammered copper" spray paint. I hung it up and it looked cool, but then I put a couple layers of a dark walnut stain on it. Then stain is kinda black and I worked it into the crevices of the design and then wiped it off of the raised areas. You can tell the diffence that the stain makes in the 3rd pic--part stained and part not. I think it turned out AWESOME and cost a total of $20!! I have a ton left over also.

No comments:

Post a Comment