Friday, July 15, 2011

How to make a Neck Cooler






















Turned out so COOOOL!! LOL. I sewed a tube of fabric and reinforced the seem with fabric glue, because the silica beads are so tiny. You are like--Hey Connie what is up with the whip stitch and running stitch--that is because I have ADHD and was getting bored. Then used a piece of wire to turn it inside out (you can use a metal hanger) . I sewed a line to hold the silica beads (that I took out some diapers). Filled it with the beads using a funnel and a giant straw. Then sewed the other side to keep the beads in place. DUDE!! I only used maybe a little more that a tablespoon of beads. As you can see in the second to last pic--just a tiny bit and you can't even tell that they are in the pocket. I got it wet and Look how much they swelled UP. I think It will work of my Cole to keep him cool while he is detasteling corn. At first he will think it is so lame and won't even consider wearing it, but when he gets hotter than a turtle in flannel pajamas--he will wear it.







No comments:

Post a Comment